Blvd 20/20 Town Hall
Join us to create a new Vision for Smart Living, Working, and Growing into San Diego’s model transit oriented community!
Goals for this Forum:
-Kick-off of stakeholder input gathering process to arrive at a clear, cohesive work plan that can be implemented by the ECBBIA
– Invite participants to get involved over the next 6 months, future workshops and in the creation of the Blvd 20/20 plan
– Narrow the focus to the neighborhood amenities and missing, the transit/mobility weak links, and public safety/health and wellness
– Convey how El Cajon Boulevard is the prime opportunity for transit-oriented development in our region that can meet our Housing, Climate Action and Community goals
This is the first in a series of sessions related to the El Cajon Boulevard Business Improvement Association’s Blvd 20/20 initiative.
Moderated by Mary Lydon, Housing You Matters
- Assemblyman Todd Gloria – Proposed new legislation for CA Sustainable and Affordable Housing
- Councilmember Chris Ward– Transit Oriented Development Brings Community Amenities
- Councilmember Georgette Gomez – Metropolitan Transit System – Opportunities for TOD Communities
Guiding Our Vision
- Sean Karafin, Regional San Diego Chamber of Commerce– Housing Affordability and Impacts on Economy
- Nicole Capretz, Climate Action Plan– Mode Share Supports Climate Goals
- Howard Blackson, AVRP Architects– Creating a Culture for TOD
- Lara Gates, District 9 Chief of Policy– Facilitating Future Vision through Q&A
Community Input Summary
Check back for a summary of all the great input from the town hall that will help guide the vision for El Cajon Boulevard.
Live Broadcast from the Event