Public Right of Way Enhancement Program
PROW – Public Right of Way Enhancement Program
The Boulevard BIA, through the City’s Public Right-of-Way (PROW) program, allows for sidewalk seating and dining.
Use of the PROW activates the pedestrian realm and provides a transition space between the public sidewalk and private business. It also allows for safer dining during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Boulevard – PROW Process
- Any businesses interested in applying for a PROW permit will seek training from an El Cajon Boulevard BIA staff member. Please contact us
- The business owner will gather every item on the checklist (see document below) and submit their package to the El Cajon Boulevard BIA
- Once the business owner has submitted their application, they must meet with the Design Committee
- The Design Committee will review the proposal and vote on a recommendation to the board
- At the board meeting a final decision will be made as to whether or not to approve the applicant for an annual permit
- Permit fee ($200) will be collected annually – Fee suspended until January 2021
- Staff will photograph each business throughout the year to make sure it remains in compliance
- The design committee will annually recommend the renewal of all businesses with a PROW permit
- The board will annually vote to renew each business PROW permit